Tuesday, March 15, 2011

YOUNG LIFE UPDATE



Hi friends and family! Thank you so much for your support and prayers in this ministry. Some praises:

-Within the past two months, we have had to new girl leaders! One has a group of freshman girls already!

-WE GOT CAMP SIGN UPS IN! So hopefully this will start flooding in more kids!

-Club has been going great we have a good leadership team and the love of Christ is definetely being shown to these kids!

- God has blessed me with an amazing group of girls, 3 of them will be going to work crew which is them working at camp for a month!

The Lord has definetely been teaching and molding me into a better leader. One thing that has happened to me a couple of times since starting this job is burnout. It is really difficult to balance out your life and Young Life. A couple of weeks ago, I was super stressed out with our Young Life club that we had and Midterms. Corey was out of town and I was pretty much running the show. I had a fear of running club because it was the first time I was going to run it without Corey being there. Going into that club our prayer team was praying that the Lord would provide new freshman boys! At club we were expected to have 40 kids. The Lord provided so abundantly with a group of around 60 kids! It was one of the biggest clubs of the year. It was AWESOME but stressful at the same time. Overall the club went really well, but the next day I had three midterms.

I am in my last couple of semesters of school and I really need to focus on graduating. If you didnt already know, I attend Cal State Long Beach and I will be recieving my bachleors in Marketing in the Fall. My midterms went well however I was completely burnt out with school and Young Life and everything. I realized that I just needed to be replenished and just rest. I feel like burnouts are bittersweet. You are exhausted and feel like you have no energy BUT it humbles you to KNOW that you NEED GOD.

One thing I was reading yesterday was,"

You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand." Psalm 139:5

God has a plan for me in life and in this ministry. God sets that path comes back AND MEETS ME WHERE I AM AT and guides me there. It is so important to have the Lords hand in every aspect of our lives or else it will FAIL. The Lord gives and takes away but gives abundantly MORE each time. We do not know our future but we do know the present, it's a matter of God's hand in the present that will be in accordance to His will.

Please pray for:

- Continual rest with God. That I can really set aside that time and be replenished.

- The Lord will provide a path for Corin Burns, Holly Herzog and Jordan Dixon to go to workcrew.

- That the Lord will provide new girls for me to take to Woodleaf this summer.

- That I can just be patient and TRUST in the Lord and really just wait on Him.

- That the Lord will provide me wisdom for school!

Thank you so much for all of your support and prayers! Love you all!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment