Sunday, May 22, 2011

YOUNG LIFE UPDATE end of the school year!



Hi Everyone! Thank you so so so much for all of your support! I am so blessed to have each and every one of you supporting me in Young Life.

Last week we had our last young life club and our end of the year leader party! It has been really interesting to see this year go by. There has been so many new faces in club especially freshman girls! Its so cool to have new kids come into Young Life because I feel like it is so much confirmation and encouragement from the Lord that HE IS MOVING, that there is continually new kids that He wants us to pursue. I felt like God was really setting the foundation of our area this past year. With new leaders and new kids it has been a building year I would say. One of the things I love about Young Life San Clemente is our community with leaders. It is like family to me. I have also gotten the privledge of becoming closer with some committee members which has been awesome.

I just had my last cabin time ( bible study) with my high school girls before I leave for camp for a month next week! It was really cute they brought me cupcakes, strawberry ones to be exact! I love them. I am so so so blessed to have these girls in my life and I have really fallen in love with these girls. There is this one girl that I am very close with, I didnt see her for about a month because of her crazy schedule and I realized that it made me feel so discouraged and so sad. I would continually try to set up times with her to get together but our schedule never matched up! I finally got together with her about 2 weeks ago and I set up dinner for her at a park and we walked in the harbor and just talked about life and I felt like crying because I missed her so much. I felt this huge JOY in being with her that I felt replenished!

It just hit me but this is a perfect example of how our relationship with the Lord is. GOD WANTS TO BE WITH US! Sometimes we become so busy with our own schedules that we loose sight of God because we are so busy with ourselves. BUT GOD JUST WANTS US TO BE WITH HIM and just spend time with HIM! We will feel replenished ourselves by just setting aside that quality time with HIM! He is continually pursuing us, its a matter of us coming to Him for that comfort and encouragement.

"God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort, He comforts us in all our troubles that we can comfort others." - 2 Corinthians 1:3

Young Life is such an amazing ministry I am very thankful to be a part of. I am going to be leaving for camp to serve the Lord for 3 weeks at Lost Canyon in Arizona. It's weird but I dont even feel like I am going. I know God is good and He has things in store during that time to teach me. There are 4 things I am specifically praying for. I would love it if you would pray with me in these things.

1. I graduate in the Fall, I am praying that the Lord will continually confirm my call in Young Life if this is what He wants me to do, If not that He will open a different door for me using my degree in Business.

2. I am praying for rest and just to be filled with His Holy Spirit in abundance.

3. That God will provide peace in my heart with the season I am in.

4. That God will prepare my heart for my Young Life girls graduating next year.


One of my Young Life girls is signed up for Work Crew this summer but she is on wait list. Work Crew is where she works at camp for a month! I am praying that God will open that sport for her to go. 2 of my other Young Life girls are going to be going already please pray that the Lord protects them. Please pray for more kids to sign up for camp as well!

Thank you so much for all your prayers and support, you are all a huge blessing!

Love you all,

Lauren Ngan

2 comments:

  1. That was truly profound, Lauren! I've had that happen so many times where I try to get together with a kid or leader and it just never seems to happen! Thank you for that, you're awesome and I'm looking forward to serving with you on assignment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good and faithful and I am so blessed to see you grow in His word and your knowledge of Him! I love you so much my little girl and to know He loves you even more! I am so proud of you! May you and Corey see His wonderful blessings at camp!

    ReplyDelete