Saturday, July 2, 2011

YOUNGLIFE SUMMER




Hi friends and family!

This summer has been amazing so far. I went to a camp in Arizona called Lost Canyon to work for a month. Each week there were about 200-300 students from everywhere coming to experience camp. During my time there I was in charge of housekeeping with 9 other high school students. It was such a humbling experience but a precious time to grow with the Lord. I felt like the Lord really brought me back to my purpose in Young Life, to bring kids to the feet of Jesus and it isn't about me being the best leader or what not. It was a great experience and it was a blessing to be a part of bringing kids to Christ.

I just got back about 2 weeks ago and since then its been go go go! Im so excited to say that 3 of my Young Life girls are going to another Young Life camp to work for a month. This is going to be a ton of work but I know it will be a huge growing experience for them! I am praying that they will learn that they can find all their needs in HIM alone. Its crazy for me to think where these girls are at now in their walk with the Lord. How much they have grown already and just for them to be in community with so many believers is going to be awesome!

We have camp coming up in about a month!! Please pray that the Lord will soften these kids hearts and just show them His love. I was reading this today;

1 May God be gracious to us and bless us
and make his face shine on us—[b]
2 so that your ways may be known on earth,
your salvation among all nations.

3 May the peoples praise you, God;
may all the peoples praise you.
4 May the nations be glad and sing for joy,
for you rule the peoples with equity
and guide the nations of the earth.
5 May the peoples praise you, God;
may all the peoples praise you.

6 The land yields its harvest;
God, our God, blesses us.
7 May God bless us still,
so that all the ends of the earth will fear him.


I thought this was so encouraging!!! God wants His ways to be known to everyone so he can guide them His great love. Praise God that the kids that are going to camp are going! We have around 46 kids going to camp this summer! Please pray that the financial needs will be met and encouragement and rest for all leaders before going! This is going to be an amazing experience for each and every one of these kids!


Thank you so much for all of your support in Young Life. You are a HUGE HUGE part of building HIS KINGDOM!


Love you all!


Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment